Governor’s Points of Light nominations sought
June 8, 2014
The nomination deadline for the 2014 Governor's Points of Light awards has been extended to 5 p.m. on June 11.
Nevada Volunteers, the Governor's Commission on Service and Volunteerism, seeks nominations for extraordinary volunteer efforts in Nevada, and the nomination deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. on June 11.
Nomination categories are Northern Nevada individual; Southern Nevada individual; rural Nevada individual; Nonprofit and community organization volunteer program; corporate and business volunteer program and volunteer manager.
Recipients are selected based on achievement, need, innovation, mobilization and endurance
Finalists will be recognized at the Governor's Points of Light awards ceremony, an official Nevada 150 event, on Sept. 18 at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel and Casino.
To submit, go to http://www.bit.ly/14GPOL. Finalists must be in attendance at the ceremony; travel arrangements will be covered by Nevada Volunteers.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts