Halstead to head nuclear projects agency
August 5, 2011
Robert Halstead has been named director of the Nevada Agency for Nuclear Projects.
That agency is responsible for fighting the proposed Yucca Mountain nuclear dump in southern Nevada.
Halstead replaces Joe Strolin, who had been acting director since January.
“Bob Halstead brings over 30 years of experience dealing with federal radioactive waste programs and activities,” Gov. Brian Sandoval said in announcing the appointment.
He has been transportation adviser to the agency since 1988, serving as a consultant and reviewing environmental impact statements for Yucca Mountain. He has also represented the agency in technical proceedings involving the proposed repository.
Trending In: Local
- Highway 395 closed for fatal wreck
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Lane shifts planned on Highway 50 for work on Carson City freeway
- Mark Estee, fellow Reno restaurateurs, to open The Union in downtown Carson City this summer
- Woman arrested after attempting to give drugs to prison inmate says Carson City Sheriff’s Office