Health Centers week highlights Nevada’s care providers
August 15, 2010
In honor of National Health Center Week, representatives from U.S. Rep. Dean Heller’s office, Yolanda Garcia from Sen. Harry Reid’s office, Nevada Health Centers CEO Tom Chase, Assemblywoman Bonnie Parnell, Carson City Mayor Bob Crowell and many other community leaders raised awareness about the importance of health centers.
National Health Center Week focused the spotlight on America’s health centers and their work to make sure that everyone who needs a health care home can have one at a health center. Community health centers provide access to affordable, high quality, cost effective health care to medically vulnerable and underserved people.
Sierra Family Health Center offers preventive and primary care services to all patients regardless of their ability to pay. Medicare, Medicaid, Nevada Check Up and most other insurances are accepted. Uninsured patients may qualify for a sliding fee scale.
In 2009, SFHC provided medical care to over 6,000 people in the Carson City area through a staff of three physicians and three physician assistants.
To make an appointment or for more information, call Sierra Family Health Center, 887-5140.
Nevada Health Centers has received funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for the construction of two new health facilities, in Carson City and Las Vegas.
• Paula Guzman is development coordinator for Sierra Family Health Center.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’