September 26, 2012
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Sept. 20. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Bethlehem Lutheran Church cafeteria, 1837 N. Mountain St., scored 100 points.
• Central Warehouse, Carson City School District cafeteria, scored 100 points.
• Eagle Valley Middle School cafeteria, 4151 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.
• Fremont, John C. Elementary School cafeteria, 1511 Firebox Road, scored 100 points.
• Fritsch, Edith W. Elementary School cafeteria, 504 Bath St., scored 100 points.
• Los Caporales Supermarket Take Out, 1621 E. Highway 50 #G, scored 81 points. Cooked pork is piled too high on the steam table. Surface temperature of the meat is 100 degrees. Roasted half chickens are stored on top of the steam table with a surface temperature of 110 degrees. Deep fried whole fish are stored on top of the steam table with a surface temperature of 109 degrees. No time logs are being kept to monitor the discard time. Follow-up inspection scored 100.
The sanitizer basin of the 3-C sink is not set up during dish washing activities. Cooked meats are being cut and packaged with bare hands. Cooked vegetables are being improperly cooled. Dirty wet wiping cloths are laying around the kitchen on food prep surfaces. There is no sanitizer bucket set up to store the wiping cloths in. There are no paper towels provided at the hand sink. The walls in the kitchen are not kept clean of food debris. There is no certified food handler on duty in this department.
• Los Caporales Supermarket Meat Department, 1621 E. Highway 50 #G, scored 85 points. Meats are uncovered and laying directly on the shelving in the walk-in. Observed employee wash hands in the 3-C sink instead of the hand sink and then wipe them on his apron. The sanitizer basin of the 3-C sink is not set up. Dirty cutting knives are being washed and rinsed with water but not sanitized. Dirty knives (some with raw meat debris) are stored on the magnetic knife rack. Follow-up inspection scored 100.
• Seeliger, Al Elementary School cafeteria, 2800 S. Saliman Road, scored 100 points.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’