February 6, 2013
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Jan. 22. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• EZ Market, 262 W. Winnie Lane, scored 100 points.
• Keva Juice, 2320 S. Carson St., Suite 2, scored 100 points.
• Lily’s China Bistro, 1280 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• McDonald’s, 2001 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. Found two ice scoops with handles in contact with the customer ice in the bins. There are no Quat test strips available to verify the proper concentration of sanitizer at the 3-C sink. Solution is being mixed too strong.
• McDonald’s, 3200 Market St., scored 96 points. There is food and food utensils stored directly under the paper towel dispenser at the middle kitchen hand sink. The hand sink by the 3-C sink is not stocked with paper towels and soap.
Recommended Stories For You
• Sassafras Bar/Lounge, 318 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Sassafras Restaurant, 318 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. Found dirty knives stored on the magnetic knife rack. The ice scoop storage container is not clean. The cutting board needs cleaning, replacement or resurfacing.
• Sierra Joe’s, 444 E. William St., scored 99 points. There are no Quat test strips to verify a 200 PPM sanitizer solution in the 3-C sink.
• Super Burrito, 1250 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Walmart Supercenter Grocery, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Walmart Supercenter Bakery, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.