Health inspections: Panaderia Azteca, Port of Subs, Save Mart score 100 points
July 3, 2013
Following are the Carson City Health Department's food-service inspections for June 27. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Panaderia Azteca, Bakery, 3189 E. Highway 50, scored 100 points.
• Panaderia Azteca, Take Out, 3189 E. Highway 50, 100 points.
• Port of Subs, 1621 E. Highway 50, Suite B, 100 points.
• Save Mart Supermarkets, Deli Department, 3620 N. Carson St., 100 points.
• Save Mart Supermarkets, Grocery, 3620 N. Carson St., 100 points.
Recommended Stories For You
• Save Mart Supermarkets, Meat Department, 3620 N. Carson St., 100 points.
• Princess Gift & Part Supply, 933 Woodside Drive, Suite 101, 99 points. Some of the frozen desserts in the display freezers were not properly labeled with name and ingredients.
• Bully's, 3530 N. Carson St., 98 points. The roof area inside the lower compartments of both ice machines was dirty with biofilm buildup.
• Jack in the Box, 309 E. William St., 98 points. There was fluid building up inside the cabinet under the customer soda dispenser. Food (single-service condiments) was stored under the paper towel dispenser in the "splash zone" and washing sink near the drive-through window, corrected on site.
• Thurman's Ranch House, 2943 E. Highway 50, 98 points. Two cartons of dairy products had past-due use-by dates, corrected on site. The ice bath surrounding the salad dressings was not adequate.
• McDonald's, 3200 Market St., 98 points. An ice scoop was stored on top of the main ice machine. Boxes of single-service items were stored on the floor in the dry storage room.
• McDonald's, 2001 N. Carson St., 97 points. There were no Quat test strips available for verifying that a 200-parts-per-million concentration was mixed in the sanitizer basin of the three compartment sink, a repeat offense. The ice machine was dirty inside with calcium carbonate and biofilm build-up.
• Ivey's Snowcones, mobile ice cream vehicle, 92 points. Hot water was not provided at the hand-wash sink. A certified food handler was not present during the time of inspection.
• Playa Azul Mexican Restaurant, 415 E. William St., 90 points. A large gap was present on the bottom of the rear entry door. All food in the refrigerators and freezers was not properly labeled and dated. The floor tiles in the women's restroom were cracked and broken. The men's restroom had broken tiles on the wall. There was not a certified food handler on duty.
• Grandma Hattie's Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St., 83 points. Potentially hazardous foods had internal temperatures greater than 46 degrees. Multiple hand-washing sinks were obstructed, without liquid soap and used as a dump sink for drinks. Some foods were not properly labeled. A cold holding thermometer was missing, inaccurate or not easily readable. Employees were handling ready-to-eat foods without gloves. Sanitizing cloths were stored on food-preparation surfaces without any residual sanitizer. Ice cream scoops were not stored in a dipper well with continuously running water. Both outdoor garbage and grease waste containers were found with open lids. Floors under cooking equipment and storage shelves were heavily soiled with food waste, grease and debris.