Hearings set in North County burglaries | NevadaAppeal.com

Hearings set in North County burglaries

Nevada Appeal News Service

A preliminary hearing is set Nov. 14 for three suspects accused of a rash of break-ins in Sunridge and Indian Hills.

Ricky Anthony Barrios, 19, and Didier Moguel, 23, each face six felony counts; Zeth Moguel, 19, is charged with one felony.

The Moguel brothers and Barrios are being held in Douglas County Jail, and the Moguels also have Immigration and Customs Enforcement holds.

Barrios and Didier Moguel are charged with four counts of burglary, possession of stolen property and grand larceny in the theft of nine firearms.

According to Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Reports, Barrios and Didier Moguel are accused of breaking into homes on Vista Grande, Coloma, Silverado and Starburst in September and October.

Their bail is $210,000 and $185,000 respectively.

Recommended Stories For You

They were arrested at their Starburst home on Oct. 28.

Zeth Moguel is charged with possession of stolen property. His bail is $60,000.

– A 28-year-old Carson City man who threatened to commit suicide by overdosing on heroin was sentenced Wednesday to six months in Douglas County Jail.

East Fork Justice Jim EnEarl told Dwayne Enoch he could apply for an in-patient substance abuse program that would apply toward his sentence.

Enoch pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a hypodermic device. He was arrested Oct. 26 in the Wal-Mart parking lot in north Douglas County where he had threatened to administer the overdose.

He told EnEarl he had a long history of heroin use but had been clean for two years before he started using again a month ago. He told the judge he used heroin four or five times a day, and used methamphetamine.

EnEarl refused to give him a suspended sentence on the misdemeanor charge.

“I think you’re going to go right back out to stick that spike in your arm,” EnEarl said. “I think you were fixing heroin and crank and you’re going to be dead. I don’t want that to happen on my watch.”

– A 19-year-old Carson City man is to appear Nov. 25 in Douglas County District Court on charges that he stole video games from Target.

Brooks Greenlee waived a preliminary hearing Wednesday and is to plead to attempted theft, which can be treated as a gross misdemeanor or felony.

Originally, he was charged with two counts of burglary and jailed on $50,000 bail.

Justice Jim EnEarl approved his request to be released on his own recognizance to the custody of his parents. He will be on house arrest and under the supervision of the adult probation department.

At the time of his arrest, Greenlee said he was out of money and stole the games to sell so he could buy food and gasoline.

He told EnEarl he was not using drugs.

“I lost sight of the right thing, I wasn’t making the right choices at the time,” he said.

Go back to article