Heller demands resignation of Reno VA official
June 10, 2014
Saying enough is enough, Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nev., Tuesday called for the removal of the man in charge of processing benefit claims for Northern Nevada veterans.
He said the Reno operation has consistently been one of the worst-perfoming regional offices in the nation and the VA's Inspector General blames poor management.
"Ed Russell should either resign or the Department of Veterans Affairs should take immediate steps to ensure his removal," Heller said. "Nevada veterans should not be forced to wait for their disability benefits due to management's bad decisions."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs