Heller has $4.2 million war chest
October 16, 2017
Democratic contender Jacky Rosen outraised Sen. Dean Heller this past quarter, raking in $1.2 million compared to the $1.1 million he reportedly raised during the quarter.
But Heller has a substantially larger war chest — more than $3.5 million before this most recent quarter's contributions and expenses were tallied. According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, Heller now has nearly $4.2 million on hand.
He, however, must first contend with a primary challenge from Danny Tarkanian whose name recognition is expected to make Heller take him seriously despite a series of losses in previous races.
Tarkanian has lost five major political races since 2004, most recently losing to Rosen in the race for Congress.
Rosen's campaign said she received more than 20,000 contributions with 92 percent of them less than $100.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman