High Sierra Brewery Co. to close March 29
March 12, 2014
High Sierra Brewery Co., in downtown Carson City is going to close its doors on March 29. A full story will appear in Thursday's Nevada Appeal:
The Brewery posted the following on its Facebook page:
Well Everyone..we are in a bit of a pickle! To make this short and not so sweet, we are losing our lease come the end of this month, if we do not sign a lease extension and Promissory note for past due rent and future rent up and only to June 30th of this year. After June 30th the building is being renovated to accommodate several tenants and our lease will not be extended. You may ask why would we have to sign a Promissory note for past due rent and future rent? The simple answer is that we couldn't and can not afford the large current rental rate with the volume of business that we were generating, thus causing us to get behind on a portion of the rent due. We have been looking for the past 18 months for investors / partners to invest into High Sierra for a large equity position to build an offsite production facility, however we have been coming up short. So unless we find someone or a group of High Sierra Beer lovers that would like to partner with us, our last day of operation will be March 29th, 2014. Here are some high level facts about High Sierra:
– 38% + increase in distributed beer sales year over year
– January through February 2014 had an 80% increase in distribution over 2013
Recommended Stories For You
– Current National contracts in hand with Costco, Trader Joe's, Raleys and Total Wine and More
– Gold Medal Winner at the Great American Beer Festival® For our Buzzed Bee Honey Ale
– Draft beer accounts in over 150 locations including Vail Resorts in Lake Tahoe
– Las Vegas, Phoenix and Sacramento markets waiting for distribution.
It would be a shame to see all our hard work and successes, your State Capitals only brewery that you call your own go out of business …when it's just about to explode!
We hate to sound desperate and have tried to avoid this…but it has come to this point. If anyone is interested, please contact us at the brewery at 775-884-2739 or email@example.com.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU goes out to all of our Loyal Carson City customers that have made us what we are today…a National Award Winning Destination Brewery! Thank you for everything!
High Sierra Brewing Company, Inc"
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Carson City receives an inch of rain overnight
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Advocate says deregulating Nevada energy market will benefit even small customers