Highway 395 open through Pine Nuts with no controls
September 23, 2012
Highway 395 is open with no controls as the 3,000-acre Carter Springs fire continues to burn within its perimeter.
The highway was opened this evening after the fire burned away from it and north into the Pine Nut Mountains, according to the 9 p.m. update.
Sierra Front Interagency Dispatcher Helen Frazier reported that power lines down as a result of the fire are affecting some residents. She said the fire is expected to be contained by Tuesday and under control by Sept. 29.
The smoke plume from the fire went northeast and was detected as far away as Winnemucca.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water