Highway 395 open through Pine Nuts with no controls
September 23, 2012
Highway 395 is open with no controls as the 3,000-acre Carter Springs fire continues to burn within its perimeter.
The highway was opened this evening after the fire burned away from it and north into the Pine Nut Mountains, according to the 9 p.m. update.
Sierra Front Interagency Dispatcher Helen Frazier reported that power lines down as a result of the fire are affecting some residents. She said the fire is expected to be contained by Tuesday and under control by Sept. 29.
The smoke plume from the fire went northeast and was detected as far away as Winnemucca.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat