Highway 395 open through Pine Nuts with no controls
September 23, 2012
Highway 395 is open with no controls as the 3,000-acre Carter Springs fire continues to burn within its perimeter.
The highway was opened this evening after the fire burned away from it and north into the Pine Nut Mountains, according to the 9 p.m. update.
Sierra Front Interagency Dispatcher Helen Frazier reported that power lines down as a result of the fire are affecting some residents. She said the fire is expected to be contained by Tuesday and under control by Sept. 29.
The smoke plume from the fire went northeast and was detected as far away as Winnemucca.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016