Highway 395 wreck kills one
July 19, 2013
One person was killed Thursday in a three-vehicle crash, and U.S. Highway 395 was blocked for four hours near the Washoe Tribal Smoke Shop south of Gardnerville.
The crash happened 9:50 a.m. when the driver of a northbound Ford Taurus station wagon who slowed to turn left was struck from behind by a full-size Chevrolet pickup, according to Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Dan Lopez.
The crash sent the smaller vehicle into the oncoming lane, where it was hit by a Dodge pickup towing a travel trailer.
The driver of the Taurus died as a result of the accident. The occupants of the two other vehicles received nonlife threatening injuries.
Traffic was diverted through the Gardnerville Ranchos and Dresslerville before the southbound lanes of the highway reopened at 2 p.m. The highway was fully reopened at 3 p.m.
The Major Accident Investigation Team’s Trooper Doug Hildebrand is asking witnesses or anyone with more information contact him at 775-689- 4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case No. NHP- 130701640.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016