Hiker rescued from Ash Canyon
October 13, 2012
A hiker was flown by helicopter out of Ash Canyon on Friday night after she called 911, the Carson City Sheriff’s Office said.
The hiker’s condition is unknown at this time, according to the Carson City Sheriff’s Office. The hiker reported a companion whose existence could not be verified, as of late Friday night, the sheriff’s office said.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts