December 23, 2012
• Sierra Foot & Ankle is collecting gently used shoes for the Rural Center for Independent Living through the month of December. For every 10 pairs of shoes collected, the business will donate a new pair of shoes from the shoe store at Sierra Foot & Ankle. Bring gently used shoes to Sierra Foot & Ankle, 1516 Virginia Ranch Road, Building A, Suite 101 in Gardnerville; Office Depot drop box, 222 Fairview Drive. For more information, call 775-783-8037.• Economy Wash and Dry Laundromat, 207 Hot Springs Road is offering two double loads of free laundry each week to those in need through the rest of the year. For more information, call 775-887-9838.• The Ron Wood Center and Toys for Tots is seeking families in need of Christmas gifts. For more information, call 775-884-8697.• Food For Thought is seeking donations of cash or nonperishable food to be distributed to children in local schools. Donations can be mailed or dropped off at Food For Thought, 3246 N. Carson St., Suite 118, Carson City, NV 89706 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, NV Jobconnect and Legislative Counsel Bureau. For more information or to have donations picked up, call 775-885-7770.• Smith’s Food and Drug will contribute to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada now through Dec. 29. Customers are invited to add a donation to grocery purchases. For more information, go to http://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com. • Stand Tall and Volunteer Connections are hosting a food and clothing drive. Canned foods and winter clothing can be dropped off from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Dayton Community Center. For more information, call 775-246-7550.• The Spoke Bar & Grill, 3198 N. Deer Run Road, is collecting non-perishable or microwavable foods as well as toiletries through the end of the year to send to troops stationed in Afghanistan. No glass, aerosols or pork products. Donations accepted from 11 a.m. to close, Monday through Friday; from noon to close on Saturday; and from noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. Call 775-887-1117.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016