Human remains found in Red Rock Canyon
November 13, 2010
LAS VEGAS (AP) – Police say hikers stumbled upon some human remains in Red Rock Canyon.
Lt. Les Lane says the remains were spotted in the National Conservation Area just west of Las Vegas on Thursday afternoon.
Lane says rangers with the Bureau of Land Management identified the bones, which appeared to be part of a spine, as human.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal says the Metropolitan Police Department’s Search and Rescue Detail is investigating.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage