Ice rink in downtown Carson City to open Nov. 29
November 18, 2013
The Arlington Square Ice Rink will open on Nov. 29.
The ice at North Carson and West Robinson streets in downtown Carson City had more than 10,000 skaters last year, according to a news release.
The rink will be open from 3-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday. It will be open Friday from 3-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. On Saturday, the rink will open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. On Sunday, the rink will be open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
Per session costs are $7 for ages 13 and up, and $5 for ages 3-12 with a $3 skate rental.
There is an after-school skate for elementary and middle school students Mondays through Thursdays from 3-5 p.m. Cost is $5 including skate rental and a hot beverage.
On Tuesday nights from 6-9 p.m. are the family skate. The cost is $5 per skater, including rental. One parent must be present.
Operation of the ice rink is weather-dependent, and hours may change according to sun, wind, rain and snow conditions.
Call the Arlington Square Ice Rink hotline at 775-283-7429 to ensure that it is open and operating.
For complete details, go to http://www.carson.org/index.aspx?page=2669.
The rink is also available for rentals.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat