November 15, 2013
Janet Whitemore, second from left, accepts a $5,000 check from Nevada Appeal advertising director and The Record-Courier publisher Pat Bridges, Nevada Appeal key account manager Tonya Champa and Nevada Appeal publisher Mark Raymond.
The funds were raised during the fourth Literacy for Life Golf Tournament on Oct. 16 at Thunder Canyon Country Club.
Carson City Literacy Volunteers, a Northern Nevada literacy advocacy group, currently serves 55 people ages 5-73. About 40 volunteers supply one-on-one work teaching adults and children to read.
For more information about the program, call Whitemore at 775-885-1010.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors