Incline man stranded on McClellan Peak rescued
December 12, 2013
The Carson Search and Rescue team found a man stranded on McClellan Peak about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The call went out to the volunteer team about 2 p.m. after the Incline Village man's car got stuck in the icy conditions when he went off-roading off from Goni Road.
The SAR team used the global positioning system on the man's cell phone to pinpoint his location, said Bill Fergus, vice commander for the SAR team. He was unhurt, Fergus said.
"We were working in very icy conditions," Fergus said. "The subject is safe, but his vehicle will be stranded."
Three crews were used to locate the man, Fergus said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population