Incline man stranded on McClellan Peak rescued
December 12, 2013
The Carson Search and Rescue team found a man stranded on McClellan Peak about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The call went out to the volunteer team about 2 p.m. after the Incline Village man's car got stuck in the icy conditions when he went off-roading off from Goni Road.
The SAR team used the global positioning system on the man's cell phone to pinpoint his location, said Bill Fergus, vice commander for the SAR team. He was unhurt, Fergus said.
"We were working in very icy conditions," Fergus said. "The subject is safe, but his vehicle will be stranded."
Three crews were used to locate the man, Fergus said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors