Incline man stranded on McClellan Peak rescued
December 12, 2013
The Carson Search and Rescue team found a man stranded on McClellan Peak about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The call went out to the volunteer team about 2 p.m. after the Incline Village man’s car got stuck in the icy conditions when he went off-roading off from Goni Road.
The SAR team used the global positioning system on the man’s cell phone to pinpoint his location, said Bill Fergus, vice commander for the SAR team. He was unhurt, Fergus said.
“We were working in very icy conditions,” Fergus said. “The subject is safe, but his vehicle will be stranded.”
Three crews were used to locate the man, Fergus said.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016