Information about north Carson City vandalism sought
March 19, 2014
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is looking for information about vandalism targeting numerous vehicles and businesses last night and this morning.
Sheriff Ken Furlong said the crimes occurred in north Carson City, and vehicles were the primary targets. Alejandra Cano, the daughter of the owner of National's Café, said she got a call about 8 a.m. today informing her that multiple windows had been broken.
As a result, she said, her business will be closed today and possibly tomorrow.
"We can't open like that," she said. "It just looks really bad."
Nothing was stolen, Cano said. She estimated that repairs will cost at least $1,500.
The nearby Carson Service Center and O'Reilly Auto Parts also were targeted, Cano said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Carson City dispatchers at 775-887-2013.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’