Information sought about 3 store robberies
February 4, 2014
The Carson City Sheriff's Office is investigating three convenient store robberies and robbery attempts that might be related.
According to a news release:
A man tried to take the cash register at Eagle Valley Market on Woodside Drive at 6:53 p.m. Sunday. He ran out of the store when employees chased him. He was wearing a white hooded jacket, a white bandana and blue jeans, and he had a crow bar. The jacket was found near the store; it's a Burton ski/snowboarding jacket.
At 6:50 p.m. Jan. 18, a man grabbed the cash register at the same store and ran away with it. The register contained about $500. He was wearing dark-colored pants and a black, long-sleeve, hooded sweatshirt with a white T-shirt over it.
At 4:23 a.m. Jan. 3, a man pried the cash register open at 7-Eleven on U.S. Highway 50 East and got away with $100. He was described as 5 feet, 9 inches, with a skinny build and was wearing a black knit cap, a bandana covering the face, a black hoodie zip-up sweatshirt, a gray undershirt and dark-colored pants.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 775-887-2008 or Secret Witness 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat