Injured woman in Kingsbury accident identified
January 21, 2011
STATELINE – Savannah Malena Amos, 19, is listed in serious condition at Reno Renown Medical Center after being involved in a car accident on Kingsbury Grade Wednesday.
Amos was transported to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno via CALSTAR helicopter with substantial injuries after the accident.
At 8:49 a.m. Wednesday a black Jeep Cherokee was traveling eastbound on SR 207 and crossed over the center line for unknown reasons, according to Nevada Highway Patrol Spokesman Dan Lopez. The front-left end of Jeep hit the front-left end of BlueGo bus driven by Randy Briney, 53, of Carson City. The accident happened near Juniper Lane, less than a mile east of U.S. Highway 50 on State Route 207.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
State Route 207 was closed temporarily until the accident investigation concluded. Alcohol is not suspected as a contributing factor to the accident.
Witnesses to the event or anyone with additional information are encouraged to call the Department of Public Safety Communications Center at 775-687-0400 or Sgt. Robert Stepien at 775-688-2500.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors
- Veterans suicide leads to training at Nevada prisons
- Carson City mayor declares Friday Mark Lindquist Day
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs