Inmate, 52, found dead in Carson cell
October 9, 2013
Authorities say they don't suspect foul play in the death of a 52-year-old inmate at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.
Nevada Department of Corrections officials say Richard B. Ferst was found dead Saturday in his single-occupancy cell. Officials didn't provide a cause of death.
Ferst had been in prison since July 2011 and was serving a three- to 20-year sentence for burglary, grand larceny and possession of stolen property.
Ferst came to the prison from Clark County.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’