Inmate escapes from Storey County Jail
October 1, 2012
Storey County law enforcement is seeking the whereabouts of Jeremy James Morales.
At 1:30 a.m. Monday, Morales escaped from the Storey County Jail in Virginia City. According to Storey County Sheriff’s Office Morales had been hiding in the shadows when the detention deputy performed a cell check he was able to lock the deputy in the cell and escape the facility.
Morales is a 38 year old white male, 5-feet 11-inches. He weighs about 220 pounds, with brown hair and eyes.
He was last seen wearing horizontal striped jail clothing with Storey County Inmate stenciled across the back.
Morales had pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a minor and was scheduled to be sentenced to the Nevada Department of Corrections later in the day. Morales had made comments in the past about being suicidal. Morales was unarmed at the time of his escape, however he should be considered dangerous. Anyone seeing Morales should immediately contact local law enforcement by calling 911.
The Storey County Sheriff’s Office can be reached at 775-847-0959
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts