Inmate with terminal illness dies at NNCC
December 24, 2013
Another Nevada inmate died in custody last week, this time at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center's Regional Medical Facility.
Corelius Acres, 60, had been hospitalized with what prison officials described as a terminal illness; therefore, no foul play is suspected. An autopsy will be conducted, prison officials said.
Acres was serving a life sentence for attempted capital murder committed in Virginia. He had been hospitalized in the Nevada correctional system since 1997. He has no known family members.
Acres is the 34th inmate to die in custody in 2013. That is fewer than in any of the previous three years.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors