Inmate with terminal illness dies at NNCC
December 24, 2013
Another Nevada inmate died in custody last week, this time at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center's Regional Medical Facility.
Corelius Acres, 60, had been hospitalized with what prison officials described as a terminal illness; therefore, no foul play is suspected. An autopsy will be conducted, prison officials said.
Acres was serving a life sentence for attempted capital murder committed in Virginia. He had been hospitalized in the Nevada correctional system since 1997. He has no known family members.
Acres is the 34th inmate to die in custody in 2013. That is fewer than in any of the previous three years.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary