Inmate with terminal illness dies at NNCC
December 24, 2013
Another Nevada inmate died in custody last week, this time at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center’s Regional Medical Facility.
Corelius Acres, 60, had been hospitalized with what prison officials described as a terminal illness; therefore, no foul play is suspected. An autopsy will be conducted, prison officials said.
Acres was serving a life sentence for attempted capital murder committed in Virginia. He had been hospitalized in the Nevada correctional system since 1997. He has no known family members.
Acres is the 34th inmate to die in custody in 2013. That is fewer than in any of the previous three years.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016