‘Just Desserts’ offers treats of poetry and music this evening
December 11, 2012
The Mile High Jazz Band will collaborate with vocalists and poets at Comma Coffee this evening for a holiday season event called “Just Desserts.”
Big band jazz and poetry will be offered up from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the coffee house on Carson Street across from the legislative building.
Appearing with the jazz band will be vocalists Sheryl Adams and Liz Eubanks, as well as poet Rita Geil and other award sinners in the poetic arts.
Along with Geil, Amy Roby, Susan Sara Priest, Krista Lukas and drummer Lee Warner will read poems.
Admission is $5 at the door for adults; there is no charge for persons 18 or younger. The jazz band plays at Comma Coffee on the second Tuesday of each month. Poets join them every third month.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts