Kids fishing day put off to next May
August 1, 2014
The Tom Brooks Memorial Kids Fishing Day, which normally occurs on the second Saturday of September, will be delayed until early May of next year.
C.K. Baily, Lions Club chairman for the kids fishing day event at Baily Fishing Pond in South Carson City, announced the change was due to environmental conditions. The fishing day for young people has been rescheduled and will be held on May 2, 2015. Baily said the main environmental condition involved was high water temperatures over the past couple of years.
“The KFD is very popular,” he said, “and we wish to continue this wonderful Carson City tradition. It just needs to be a little cooler for the finned ones.”
Baily Fishing Pond, located at Fuji Park, opened to the public on Sept. 11, 2010. About 15 feet deep, it has a fresh water inflow from Clear Creek and is periodically stocked with rainbow trout by the Nevada Department of Wildlife, according to the city’s Parks and Recreation Department.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City