November 30, 2014
Carson City Kiwanis' inaugural Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day on Sept. 20 at Empire Ranch collected over $10,000. Approximately $7,500 went to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network; $2,500 went to the Kiwanis Scholarship Fund.
The event included a golf tournament; 5K run/walk, co-sponsored by Kaia FIT and Tahoe Mountain Milers; and bench press event, sponsored by Fitness for 10.
Carson City Kiwanis thanks Carson City Visitors Bureau and Mike Riggs from Monarch Direct, along with Chromalloy of Nevada, Gold Dust West, Carson Nugget, Slot World and Empire Ranch Golf Course and all other golf courses in the area.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 4 honored with American Indian Achievement Awards in Carson City
- SlotWorld in Carson City set to reopen this week
- The Four Horsemen: Former Carson City veterans maintain bond
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Senator Square: The Carson High vs. Douglas High rivalry: Rivalry with a purpose