Lake Tahoe woman arrested as suspect in husband’s death
February 25, 2014
A Zephyr Cove woman was arrested Tuesday morning on suspicion of killing her husband.
Tatiana Leibel, 50, was arrested at 8:50 a.m. two days after Douglas County Sheriff's deputies responded to her Kent Way home on a report that her husband, Harry, 64, had shot himself. On Sunday, she said she and her husband were the only people at the house when the gun was fired.
Harry Leibel was shot twice, Douglas County Sheriff's Sgt. Pat Brooks said Tuesday.
During the subsequent investigation, information was developed to implicate Tatiana Leibel as a suspect. Leibel's arrest was based both on an autopsy of Harry Leibel's body and on a police investigation, Brooks said. She is being held without bail on an open murder charge.
According to the Douglas County Assessor's Office, the home at 452 Kent Way in Round Hill is owned by Harry Leibel and Tatiana Kosyrkina, who purchased it in 2006.
Kosyrkina and Leibel are listed as officers of a computer software company TLA & Group Corp., registered with the Nevada Secretary of State's Office in 2006. The corporation's status was revoked.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary