Letter to the editor
September 5, 2012
Dear people of Northern Nevada, South Lake Tahoe and everyone else who expressed their kindness, caring and support after the IHOP tragedy:
My name is Wally Gunderson. As you may recall, my wife and I were in the IHOP restaurant in Carson City on Sept. 6, 2011, when disaster struck and my wife and others were killed and wounded.
My profound and heartfelt thanks go out to the service community of Carson City and Reno who responded to the scene for their professional and personal care. I also want to thank the Nevada National Guard personnel who were there that day, as well as the whole National Guard family. I am sorry for your losses and wish your families the very best.
I am carrying on my life the way my wife would have wanted and continue to be the person she loved so much. Thanks to all of your support, kindness, best wishes, love and giving of yourselves, as well as the direct help from the IHeal Community Fund, I have been able to sustain myself through this tragedy.
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I wish I could give you all a big hug. May God bless you and keep you safe.
Thanks and love,
Wally and Tara (my faithful four-legged companion)
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016