Letters to the editor
July 5, 2012
Keep fire danger down this summer
The snowpack melt-off for this past winter for the Tahoe-Truckee area appears to be about 37 percent of normal, and the Carson/ Walker area is only 27 percent of normal, according to the Department of Agriculture in Utah, in May.
These readings are dismal and record lows for this area.
Please conserve water. Water is a precious commodity and we all need it to survive.
Please be careful if you smoke outdoors or dangle your cigarette out your car window. Please be fire-safe. Let’s respect our area and keep fire danger as low as we possibly can.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City