Letters to the editor
July 5, 2012
Keep fire danger down this summer
The snowpack melt-off for this past winter for the Tahoe-Truckee area appears to be about 37 percent of normal, and the Carson/ Walker area is only 27 percent of normal, according to the Department of Agriculture in Utah, in May.
These readings are dismal and record lows for this area.
Please conserve water. Water is a precious commodity and we all need it to survive.
Please be careful if you smoke outdoors or dangle your cigarette out your car window. Please be fire-safe. Let’s respect our area and keep fire danger as low as we possibly can.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary