Library bookstore is set to move
March 22, 2014
The Friends of Carson City Library will be closing their Browser's Corner Book Store, inside the library, at the end of the day Saturday. The new location, across Washington Street from the library, will open next month.
Phyllis Patton, president of the organization, said the store needed more space to promote the sale of books donated by the public.
Browser's Corner will host a grand opening in the new building, at 711 E. Washington St., on April 12.
"Library staff, since January, has been in the process of moving departments around, painting and generally trying to spruce up the entire building," Patton said.
For more information, visit http://www.friendscclibrary.org.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat