"Living in ‘El Norte’" exhibit comes to Carson City mid-September
September 4, 2012
Capital City Arts Initiative will exhibit Blanco de San Roman’s “Living in ‘El Norte'” at the CCAI Courthouse Gallery beginning Sept. 14. The exhibit runs through Jan. 18, 2013.
Other CCAI events this month are the First Wednesday Arts Chat today from 4:30-6 p.m. at the BRIC, 108 E. Proctor St., plus a writing workshop and reading by Cindie Geddes Sept. 18 at the Carson City Library, 900 Roop St. The Tuesday workshop is at 5:30 p.m.; the reading is at 7 p.m.
The de San Roman exhibit beginning Sept. 14 at the courthouse, 885 E. Musser St., includes a reception for the artist from 5-7 p.m. that Friday, with a talk by the artist in the gallery at 5:30 p.m.
The exhibit is supported by a lead donation from Turkey and Peter Stremmel. The public is invited to the free reception.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage