Love of cycling leads to two new bicycle racks added in Carson City
July 23, 2007
Sunset Park now has a Muscle Powered bicycle rack thanks to the generosity of Susan and Clay McElhany. Susan McElhany, a local dentist, said she and her husband wanted to share their enjoyment of bicycling with the community.
The bike rack will provide a secure place for riders to park their bicycles while using the park’s facilities.
Another newly installed Muscle Powered bike rack is at Fuji Park, donated by Shelly Aldean and the Glenbrook Co. With the addition of these new bicycle racks, there are now nine Muscle Powered bike racks around various locations in the city including Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Western Nevada College, Brewery Arts Center and Comma Coffee.
Joe Peltier is head of the bike rack project for Muscle Powered, a local advocacy organization for a more bikeable and walkable Carson City.
Bike racks can contribute to a cleaner environment when residents choose to ride their bikes instead of drive.
If you know of a location that would benefit from a bike rack, or if you would like to help sponsor a bike rack, contact Muscle Powered at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition