Lyon County deputy shoots Stagecoach man
March 1, 2013
A deputy shot a man in Stagecoach after he responded to a report of a woman with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. Thursday.
After securing the woman and calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence, in the 5000 block of Desert Lane.
According to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office: A man wielding a rifle confronted the deputies and, after ignoring repeated commands to drop the weapon, raised it at the deputies. After one of the deputies shot the man, he was taken to the Renown Medical Center in Reno.
The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.
The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
Trending In: Local
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Carson City Curry Street area business deal with flooding
- Dayton residents continue to prepare for flooding after scare
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Protesters greet Heller, Amodei at Carson City’s Gold Dust West ahead of ‘Soups On’