Lyon County deputy shoots Stagecoach man
March 1, 2013
A deputy shot a man in Stagecoach after he responded to a report of a woman with a gunshot wound to her upper chest about 10 p.m. Thursday.
After securing the woman and calling for assistance, deputies approached the residence, in the 5000 block of Desert Lane.
According to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office: A man wielding a rifle confronted the deputies and, after ignoring repeated commands to drop the weapon, raised it at the deputies. After one of the deputies shot the man, he was taken to the Renown Medical Center in Reno.
The case is being investigated by the Nevada Division of Investigations Major Crimes Unit and the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Section.
The deputy was not injured and was placed on administrative leave, standard protocol for an officer involved in a shooting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy