Male dies after crashing into bridge abutment
February 9, 2013
A man died Saturday morning in a single-vehicle crash on southbound Interstate 580 just north of College Parkway.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol, a green Infiniti was traveling northbound on Interstate 580 in the southbound travel lane around 8:30 a.m. Saturday. There was a single male occupant in the vehicle when it struck the concrete bridge abutment. The male was pronounced deceased on the scene.
If anyone witnessed this accident, or has information regarding this accident, they are urged to contact Trooper Doug Hildebrand with the Major Accident Investigation Team at 775-689-4623 regarding accident #130208271. Or contact the Department of Public Safety communication center at 775-687-0400.
No other information is available.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat