Man arrested on suspicion of felony vehicle burglary
March 18, 2014
A 19-year-old man was arrested late Monday on multiple felony vehicle-burglary and drug counts.
According to the man’s arrest report:
A deputy was called to the 700 block of Silver Oak Drive at 10:41 p.m. on a report of a fight. When he arrived, he saw Jacob Vizenor lying on the ground in handcuffs, with blood on his back and arm.
Two witnesses said they had seen Vizenor breaking the windows of three cars in a parking lot, and one of them said Vizenor had punched his mother in the face.
A deputy said Vizenor had taken items from some vehicles and placed them in others. Another deputy found Vizenor’s car, which smelled strongly of marijuana. The driver’s-side window was broken out, and there was blood alongside the car.
He found a bag containing 26 grams of suspected marijuana on the passenger-side floorboard, as well as a marijuana pipe.
Vizenor was arrested on suspicion of three counts of felony vehicle burglary, four counts of tampering/injuring motor vehicle and one count each of battery, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
Total bail was set at $87,600. Vizenor remained at the Carson City Jail on Tuesday.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016