Man dead, sons survive crash at Reno intersection
April 2, 2013
RENO, Nev. (AP) — Police say a California man who was driving two young children has died in a crash in downtown Reno.
Authorities say the crash happened Sunday evening at the intersection of Maple and Sierra streets.
Officials say the man was driving a Hyundai SUV when he ran a red light and was struck by a Lexus sedan carrying three people in their 20s. KOLO-TV reports the Hyundai flipped, crashed through a fence and came to rest on a ledge.
The Hyundai driver was killed, while his two sons were in child safety seats and had only minor injuries. Police say the three people in the other vehicle had minor injuries.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 injured in deputy involved shooting outside Carson Nugget
- Shine, Madsens inducted into Carson High School Football Hall of Fame
- Teri’s Notebook: Carson City community rallies around man who had bike stolen
- Fremont Elementary eliminates early drop-offs
- HopeFULL environment at 7th annual Carson Tahoe HopeFest