Man dies in Dayton shooting; man arrested on open murder charge
April 11, 2017
A 39-year-old man died Monday night as a result of gunshot wounds, according to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office.
At 11:15 p.m. Monday, LCSO responded to Dayton Valley Road for a shooting victim.
Lyon County detectives found a 39-year-old male victim with two gunshot wounds. He was transported by Care Flight to Renown Medical Center where he died from his wounds.
Roger Scheurn, 49, of Dayton, was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Carson-Tahoe Hospital for facial wounds and later booked into the Lyon County Jail. He was booked on a charge of open murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lyon County Sheriff's Office at 775-463-6620 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900 or visit http://www.secretwitness.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Robert Freeman wins 50-miler at Carson City Off-Road; Lance Armstrong 4th