Man dies in Dayton shooting; man arrested on open murder charge
April 11, 2017
A 39-year-old man died Monday night as a result of gunshot wounds, according to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office.
At 11:15 p.m. Monday, LCSO responded to Dayton Valley Road for a shooting victim.
Lyon County detectives found a 39-year-old male victim with two gunshot wounds. He was transported by Care Flight to Renown Medical Center where he died from his wounds.
Roger Scheurn, 49, of Dayton, was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Carson-Tahoe Hospital for facial wounds and later booked into the Lyon County Jail. He was booked on a charge of open murder.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lyon County Sheriff's Office at 775-463-6620 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900 or visit http://www.secretwitness.com.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local
- Highway 395 closed for fatal wreck
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Lane shifts planned on Highway 50 for work on Carson City freeway
- Mark Estee, fellow Reno restaurateurs, to open The Union in downtown Carson City this summer
- Woman arrested after attempting to give drugs to prison inmate says Carson City Sheriff’s Office