Man found dead in Lampe Park ID’d
March 18, 2014
A body found at Lampe Park in Gardnerville was identified as that of William Murphey Sheerin, 24, of Gardnerville.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Sheerin was found Monday morning kneeling face-down in Lampe Creek by park rangers.
The cause of death is suspected to be drowning, Sgt. Pat Brooks said. The cause will not be determined until after the autopsy and toxicology reports have been completed.
The body was found about 8:21 a.m.
Receipts found from a local store show Sheerin purchased alcohol and cigarettes Sunday. It is unknown how Sheerin arrived at the park. No obvious trauma was visible, and no foul play is suspected.
Anyone who might have had contact with Sheerin in the last 48 hours of his life is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office Investigation Division at 775-782-9905.
Sheerin is 2008 graduate of Douglas High School, where he played football and ran track.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19