Man found dead in Lampe Park ID’d
March 18, 2014
A body found at Lampe Park in Gardnerville was identified as that of William Murphey Sheerin, 24, of Gardnerville.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Sheerin was found Monday morning kneeling face-down in Lampe Creek by park rangers.
The cause of death is suspected to be drowning, Sgt. Pat Brooks said. The cause will not be determined until after the autopsy and toxicology reports have been completed.
The body was found about 8:21 a.m.
Receipts found from a local store show Sheerin purchased alcohol and cigarettes Sunday. It is unknown how Sheerin arrived at the park. No obvious trauma was visible, and no foul play is suspected.
Anyone who might have had contact with Sheerin in the last 48 hours of his life is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office Investigation Division at 775-782-9905.
Sheerin is 2008 graduate of Douglas High School, where he played football and ran track.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts