Man in jail after allegedly dousing girlfriend in gasoline
June 19, 2007
A Carson City man was arrested Monday night after allegedly pouring gasoline on his girlfriend and trying to light her on fire.
Dale Allen Welch, 38, a handyman, was booked into the Carson City Jail at 1:03 a.m. Tuesday on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor domestic battery.
According to the arrest report, Welch allegedly dragged his girlfriend out of bed in the 1400 block of North Carson Street and poured gasoline on her. The report states he also allegedly smacked her in the forehead with a cordless drill, causing a laceration.
A neighbor reported seeing Welch shove the woman outside and then begin to flick a lighter at her while she was covered in the gasoline. The witness stated Welch was saying, “I’ve got nothing to lose.”
Welch is being held on $23,264 bail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- 2 teens say no one stopping racist bullying in Nevada town
- Annual Carson City community Thanksgiving dinner brings families together at Carson Nugget
- 5 apply for Washoe judgeship; 2 have Carson City connection
- Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Museum Sunday
- Lyon County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman