Man is arrested in stabbing
June 24, 2013
A Carson City man was arrested Sunday night for allegedly stabbing another man in a fight.
According to the Carson City Sheriff's Office:
A deputy was dispatched at nearly 9 p.m. to an apartment in the 700 block of Hot Springs Road on a report of a fight. When the deputy arrived, Joseph Allison III, 46, was standing over the other man, whose white T-shirt was covered in blood.
The men stopped fighting, and the deputy saw stab wounds to the second man's abdomen and upper chest.
The second man's wife told deputies that when he answered a knock at the door, Allison immediately stabbed him. She said they then rolled around the floor, hitting each other, and the man Tasered Allison.
Paramedics took the victim to Carson Tahoe Medical Center. Allison was arrested on suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon and burglary, with bail set at $50,000. He was being held Monday afternoon at the Carson City Jail.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts
- Carson City health inspections for May 19