Man killed in fiery crash on U.S. Highway 50 identified
July 4, 2013
The man killed in a collision early June 23 on U.S. Highway 50 has been identified as Mark Allen Flora, 59, of Texas.
According to the Nevada Highway Patrol:
A Nissan Altima driven by Jason W. Cloutier, 34, of Carson City entered the westbound lanes of the road going the wrong way. It collided with Flora's Ford Taurus, killing him. Also killed was Sierra Grace Woodward, 26, a passenger in the Altima.
Cloutier was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center with critical injuries; he remains there in serious condition.
Alcohol use is thought to have played a role in the crash.
The crash was reported about 3:28 a.m. just west of Dump Hill in Carson City.
Woodward was an Oakland native and mother who attended Carson High School and Western Nevada College, according to her Facebook page.
Trooper Chris Kelly of the Nevada Highway Patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is investigating. Anyone with information is asked to contact him at 775-689-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding case NHP-130602135.
Trending In: Local
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary