Man pleads guilty to child abuse
December 25, 2012
A 28-year-old Carson City man was sentenced to 28 months to 6 years on a single charge of child abuse Monday morning.
Franklin Laidley plead guilty to one count of child abuse for allegedly shaking or striking his girlfriend’s 6-month-old daughter’s head, according to the Carson City District Attorney’s Office. The girl suffered blunt force trauma to the head.
Laidley’s risk to commit child abuse again was evaluated as “high” by a medical professional.
Laidley was arrested on Sept. 14 during a traffic stop for speeding and a child abuse with substantial bodily harm warrant, according to the arrest report.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts