Man pleads guilty to child abuse
December 25, 2012
A 28-year-old Carson City man was sentenced to 28 months to 6 years on a single charge of child abuse Monday morning.
Franklin Laidley plead guilty to one count of child abuse for allegedly shaking or striking his girlfriend’s 6-month-old daughter’s head, according to the Carson City District Attorney’s Office. The girl suffered blunt force trauma to the head.
Laidley’s risk to commit child abuse again was evaluated as “high” by a medical professional.
Laidley was arrested on Sept. 14 during a traffic stop for speeding and a child abuse with substantial bodily harm warrant, according to the arrest report.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Open house at historic Carson City site to honor Native American heritage
- Major disaster declaration for Nevada, Carson City