Man shot after alleged Desatoya Drive home invasion attempt
January 9, 2014
A man was taken by Care Flight helicopter to a Reno hospital Thursday night with a gunshot wound to the leg, according to Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong.
Furlong said an investigation reveals that the man may have entered the back door of a home when an armed home owner fired at the man.
According to Furlong, at 5:15 p.m. a heavily bleeding man was seen in the area of Butti Way and Airport Road. The man was reported to have entered the Carson City Corporate Yard complex. While officers were en route to the scene, they received additional reports of a man seen jumping fences in backyards on Desatoya Drive. According to reports, multiple gun shots were reported in the same area. Officers were informed a man had been shot at by a homeowner, but he fled back to area where he was originally reported.
The man was located behind the residences at the 3100 block of Desatoya with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Detectives have been able to learn that the man who was shot had been involved in an altercation several blocks away. It is being investigated that he was injured in the altercation and while attempting to elude, he ran into the residence through a back door.
The investigation is ongoing.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population