Man sought in slashing attack across from UNR
January 19, 2013
RENO (AP) – Authorities are looking for a man accused of entering a home across from the University of Nevada, Reno campus and slashing a woman.
Police say the unidentified man came into the home on North Virginia Street about 6 p.m. Wednesday and attacked the woman with a knife during an attempted sexual assault.
Police say the woman was treated at a hospital for cuts after the reported attack.
Detectives have released a composite drawing of the suspect, who’s described as about 5 feet 4 inches tall with an athletic build and a rectangular tattoo on his right wrist. Police say he’s between 20 and 30 years old and was last seen wearing blue jeans and a long sleeved, blue checkered shirt.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts