Man sought in slashing attack across from UNR
January 19, 2013
RENO (AP) – Authorities are looking for a man accused of entering a home across from the University of Nevada, Reno campus and slashing a woman.
Police say the unidentified man came into the home on North Virginia Street about 6 p.m. Wednesday and attacked the woman with a knife during an attempted sexual assault.
Police say the woman was treated at a hospital for cuts after the reported attack.
Detectives have released a composite drawing of the suspect, who’s described as about 5 feet 4 inches tall with an athletic build and a rectangular tattoo on his right wrist. Police say he’s between 20 and 30 years old and was last seen wearing blue jeans and a long sleeved, blue checkered shirt.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts