Man surrenders after barricading himself in house
January 8, 2013
8:45 p.m.: The man has surrendered to authorities.
A warrant service turned into a foot pursuit which led to a man barricading himself in a Carson City residence Tuesday night.
The man barricaded himself in a block south of Clearview and Koontz, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The man is wanted on warrants out of Carson City and California.
“We’re using the SWAT team to get him out,” he said.
The SWAT team was en route as of 7 p.m., Furlong said.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts