Man surrenders after barricading himself in house
January 8, 2013
8:45 p.m.: The man has surrendered to authorities.
A warrant service turned into a foot pursuit which led to a man barricading himself in a Carson City residence Tuesday night.
The man barricaded himself in a block south of Clearview and Koontz, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The man is wanted on warrants out of Carson City and California.
“We’re using the SWAT team to get him out,” he said.
The SWAT team was en route as of 7 p.m., Furlong said.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts