Man who ran naked on U.S. Highway 50 in December pleads guilty to car theft
April 24, 2013
A Carson City man pleaded guilty Tuesday morning in district court to stealing a car on Dec. 30, 2012, in an incident which had him originally arrested on suspicion of additional counts of robbery, DUI, and hit and run property damage.
Alex Anguiano, 20, answered yes when Judge James Wilson asked he if intentionally stole the vehicle in the 3600 block of Goni Road. According to the arrest report, Anguiano took the keys of the white Ford Bronco by force from the victim before driving it away and crashing it at Airport Road and Thurman Circle.
Deputies found the vehicle because they followed tire tracks Anguiano made in the snow. A deputy parked at Airport Road and U.S. Highway 50, around 5:53 a.m., saw Anguiano running naked, southbound across the highway. When the deputy turned on his lights, Anguiano charged his patrol car and screamed "take me to God," according to the arrest report.
Anguiano told the deputy he was "burning up" in the 15-degree cold.
Both the defense and prosecution told Wilson they wanted to get Anguiano mental health help.
Sentencing was set for 9 a.m. June 4.
WOMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO CHILD ABUSE
A Carson City woman pleaded guilty to child abuse Tuesday morning in district court.
Joann Gardner, 52, pleaded guilty to hitting a juvenile male on his body and hitting his head against cabinets.
Gardner will be sentenced June 4 after a risk assessment has been completed.
Trending In: Local
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts