Mayor joins extra mile campaign
October 24, 2012
Mayor Bob Crowell has joined more than 350 other U.S. mayors to declare Nov. 1 “Extra Mile Day.”
In association with Extra Mile America, mayors in all 50 states have come together to remind people that individuals and organizations each have the authority to create change by their willingness to do more, give more, and go the extra mile.
Extra Mile America started in 2009 with non-bicyclist Anderson’s symbolic 4,000 mile solo bike ride across the U.S. during which he interviewed 200 people identified as “going the extra mile” in either accomplishing something unique or in overcoming major tragedy.
Mayors across the country are using the day to recognize those in their communities who are putting forth outstanding effort in volunteerism and service.
For more information, call 310-619-3404 or go to http://www.extramileamerica.org.
Trending In: Local
- Childcare permit denied by Carson City Planning Commission
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Carson City health inspections for May 19
- Bear attacks Colorado doughnut delivery car; officer confirms smell of doughnuts