Mayor joins extra mile campaign
October 24, 2012
Mayor Bob Crowell has joined more than 350 other U.S. mayors to declare Nov. 1 “Extra Mile Day.”
In association with Extra Mile America, mayors in all 50 states have come together to remind people that individuals and organizations each have the authority to create change by their willingness to do more, give more, and go the extra mile.
Extra Mile America started in 2009 with non-bicyclist Anderson’s symbolic 4,000 mile solo bike ride across the U.S. during which he interviewed 200 people identified as “going the extra mile” in either accomplishing something unique or in overcoming major tragedy.
Mayors across the country are using the day to recognize those in their communities who are putting forth outstanding effort in volunteerism and service.
For more information, call 310-619-3404 or go to http://www.extramileamerica.org.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City