Meadowood mall interchange to be completed in spring
February 12, 2013
Nevada Department of Transportation Director Rudy Malfabon told the transportation board Monday that the contractor will have the most annoying problems surrounding the I580 Meadowood interchange in south Reno fixed by late March or early April.
There have been numerous complaints from commuters who must negotiate the narrow lanes and other road restrictions through that area. At present, that section of road is still under a 55 mph speed limit as well.
Malfabon told the board the speed limit will go back up to 65 mph and the permanent lanes opened for traffic both north and south by the end of March or early April.
The $22 million Meadowood interchange was supposed to be completed last summer. It opened in November but still isn’t completely finished.
Malfabon said the road project won’t be completed until summer.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts