Meat, cheese stolen from Adele’s
August 31, 2012
Two women stole nearly $4,000 worth of meats and cheeses from the back of Cafe of Adele’s early this month.
The thieves broke into the back of the restaurant around 2 a.m. Friday, Aug. 17, Carson City sheriff’s Detective Salvador Acosta said.
The break-in was caught on surveillance video that Cafe at Adele’s owner Charlie Abowd set up because he was suspicious.
“I suspected that something was going on,” he said.
The two were in and out of the building in two minutes, carrying the food in bags, and appeared to be familiar with the restaurant and the items.
The pair either picked the lock or used a key. The lock has since been changed, Abowd said.
“Steaks, cheese, pork veal – they stole the expensive stuff,” Abowd said.
One of the women is wearing a hoodie or jacket that appears to have some kind of wings or bird on the back of it.
Anyone with information on the theft is encouraged to contact Acosta directly at 775-283-7855.
• Follow Wheeler on Twitter @WheelerReporter
Trending In: Local
- Nevada state workers receive raise in proposed state budget by Gov. Brian Sandoval | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Nevada’s oldest WWII vet special guest to Gov. Brian Sandoval
- Heller, Amodei on wrong side of history
- Gov. Brian Sandoval covers accomplishments, goals in State of State | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Nine Carson City proposed road projects to go to RTC